Sunday, April 19, 2009

Less words more images and a little rant.

So, I've just watched Deborah 13: Servant of God



Deborah Drapper is not like any other British teen. She's 13 years old but she's never heard of Britney Spears or Victoria Beckham.

She has grown up in a deeply Christian family and her parents have tried to make sure her and her ten brothers and sisters have grown up protected from the sins of the outside world.

Deborah is a bright, confident girl who has big ambitions for her life. The film spends a summer with her as she ventures out in to the wider world to see what life is like outside her family. Deborah meets new people giving her the chance to put her beliefs forward to a wider audience.

Deborah 13: Servant of God is an intimate and honest portrayal of a deeply religious and charismatic teenage girl. It raises questions about whether it is better to bring children up away from the glare of celebrity culture and reality TV, to have an altogether different kind of childhood; one where traditional family values and a religious education and upbringing form the foundation stones of family life.



If you know me personally and well then you will know that I am very unsure and unaware of God's presence and motives, I have been bought up as a Roman Catholic, My Grandmother is highly religious and I do enjoy and boggle over the bible, there are just some passages in it then I cant be like 'Yeah, That's why we have a path in life' 'That's 'cause of this and that' And it's really strange!

However,watching this has creeped me out a little. The ending finished with the 13 year old girl crying and stating, 'All my sins have been taken away from me. When Jesus died for me he took away my sins, I've asked Jesus to forgive me, because Jesus has come down and died for me" I'm sorry but she is a 13 year old girl, she hasn't lived she's been stuck in her house for 13 years...I'm not disputing the fact that God isn't real/is real I'm just wondering how and why her parents think that this is a healthy upbringing. Deborah also stated in this that if you have ever lied, stole, cheated or used the Gods name in vain then you're going to go to hell, with murderers and paedophiles...one word springs to mind...BRAINWASHED.


you can watch it here.

Anyways, enough of that I am starting to confuse and anger myself. I've been doing a website for my friend Heather, learning flash which is an absolute BITCH and i've been doing lightboxes which I have never done before so, good skill learning there.
Apart from that I've just been working and my parents are decorating my bedroom.

Some images I've been looking at and that have been inspiring me recently.




No comments:

Post a Comment